Saturday, September 19, 2009

Last Sunday, I finally got to see Sasha, my roommate of two years from Bishop's. We have been trying to find each other for a while, but since we don't have phones, live an hour away and are prone to getting disoriented in cities, we've had a hard time of it.



I can't tell you how happy it made me finally to see her! We met at her subway stop, and she had prepared lunch for us, bruchetta, which was yummy as always because she's an awesome cook. Very Korean of us, we had kimchi with the meal and pickled radish as side dishes.

112 queen reunion!

Here I am happy to have found one dark beer, perhaps the only one sold in stores, but a little disappointed its in a can:
And during my visit, the second most exciting thing happened to Sasha since she's been in Korea (me being the first thing because I'm awesome): her Internet started working! Look! She's about to google something!

1 Comment:

  1. cross1celt said...
    Your blog is always making me hungry, which is so totally NOT fair, because I can't share a taste!

    Anyway, I forgot that Kimchi is Korean... it is one of my favorite things to eat! I used to get the "Hot" version at Maggie's, which to me is delicious, but I didn't have anything to compare it to. Now I can only get a Safeway supermarket version, which is better than nothing, but definitely a notch below.

    I am not a fan of beer, but you are very resourceful to find some!

    Are you learning much Korean? My friend Namcy (Jhon's sister) was stationed in Korea when she was in the Air Force.

Post a Comment