Thursday, September 3, 2009

I have a home again! Tuesday night, after work, my boss and one of our school managers picked me up in a car and helped me move all my big heavy suitcases and bags from the love motel to my new apartment. I now live three subway stops from work, (a 15 minute commute) and only a two minute walk away from the Kkatchisan station on line 5 and 2.


The teacher before me left some appliances and kitchen things behind, which I am very grateful for, since I didn't budget for buying home supplies during the first month!
This is a typical bathroom: The shower is the entire room. This tends to be a constantly wet place, requiring the use of plastic slippers every time you go in there.





Five points if you can figure out how to use the washing machine! ;)















500 points if you can guess what this controls:


And the view from my window:


My father asked about the weather here: It's September now, and at night it tends to hang around 70F, and during the day I think it get into the low 80s, however the humidity has stayed very low. It has only rained once in the week and a half I've been here, but when it did, it down-poured for a while. Generally it is slightly overcast (perhaps due to the smog), but once and a while you can see patches of blue. No stars of course, with the smog and glare of lights. People seem to agree that fall has already arrived (hence the low humidity).

2 Comments:

  1. Scott said...
    My vote would be for something to do with water temperature...either directly for the shower (like I found in Scotland) or a water heater for the apartment. (Spoken like Rowan: "I'm winning! I'm winning!")
    Hilary D said...
    And Scott Stoddard walks away with 500 points!

    It actually controls both the hot water and the heat, which is heated by water pipes in the floor. No need to use that part yet, but I am *very* excited by the prospect of heated floors!

Post a Comment