Friday, August 7, 2009

I am down to the last full week in Lennoxville, Québec. It is funny to think of my fears a year ago, when I worried about what leaving dear Lennoxvegas would be like. I was convinced it would nearly break my heart to leave this town. The time I have spent here has had an enormous impact on my life. The 5ish years represent a truly happy time, full of so many memories and awesome people. I know once I leave, I can never come back to the way it is now. And I don't think I will ever live in this little corner of the world again.



Now that the moment of departure is finally upon me, I am happily surprised to find myself bursting with excitement. I keep catching myself pitter-pattering aimlessly around the apartment, looking for more things I can pack, even though what is left is stuff like kitchen utensils, which I need until moving day. :p

In terms of time-frame, I will move out of my apartment in QC on August 15th, do my Korean visa interview in Boston on the 17th, and have the visa in my hands for the 19th. I think my employers will try and have my plane tickets ready 24-48 hours after I have my visa in order.

If you would like to see about the school where I will be teaching, click here.
Also, here is a map of South Korea as well as of Seoul. I will be living in Yangcheon-gu (Mokdong), which you will find Southwest of the the river, and Southeast of the airport. If you are interested about life as an ESL teach in South Korea, the forums on Dave's ESL Café is incredibly resourceful.

1 Comment:

  1. Kristinrut said...
    Hi! Good luck with all this! :)

Post a Comment