Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Buttons in Bathrooms


I went on an adventure to the mall that is connected to the subway station near my school/hotel, and used the bathrooms. I had to take a picture of this when I realized what it was. Maybe this exists elsewhere, I don't know, but I saw it for the first time here. This was on the wall of every stall. I don't know if you can read the writing in English on the bottom line, but it says:

"Press 'PUSH' button and flushing sounds"



And it does just that, you push the button it makes the sound of a toilet flushing. I am very curious what the precise reason for their installation was, as apparently it was a very important reason to get them in every stall of presumably every floor of this 5+ floor mall...


There was also a very low urinal and sink for a little boys taken to the bathroom with their mother, and a separate powder room. I suppose I should add that as far as I can tell this isn't standard everywhere, but I will be sure to correct that if I find these installations everywhere.

Finally, I leave you with a picture of the outside of my love hotel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment